Hope In Suffering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back pain flare up

3 posters

Go down

Back pain flare up Empty Back pain flare up

Post  Chrisofsmeg Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:47 am

OW!

Woke up this morning in agony. It's not been this bad for a long long time. Going to see my doctor later. I took 0.5mg of clonazepam because I assumed it was because of a muscle spasm and it worked to a certain extent, but not fully, which really surprised me. Really hoping I haven't hearniated another disc.

Will wait and see what my doctor says. My guess is he's going to rush me off for an MRI. Joys.

Couldn't really get out of bed to function today, even after taking the clonazepam, so I didn't have much choice other than to take a couple of Vicodin, which is unfortunate. Hopefully they'll wear off slightly before I see my doctor so I don't start dribbling on his carpet.

Sad

Chrisofsmeg

Chrisofsmeg

Back to top Go down

Back pain flare up Empty Re: Back pain flare up

Post  Chrisofsmeg Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Saw my doctor. No MRI - at least not yet. I asked my GP if we could hold off and see if it got better. If it doesn't go away by the time of my next appointment then he'll get me an emergency MRI.

In the meanwhile, he usually writes a script for Vicodin and Percocet as needed as PRN pain meds in addition to my MS Contin - I very rarely take either of the prn meds. He prescribes both because one sometimes works better than the other for me in different areas of the body and for different types of pain. He was very concerned today - instead of 10 minutes my appt took about an hour. He's written a script for each with refills for each and reduced the acetaminaphen content of the tablets he prescribes so that I can take more if I'm in absolute agony. The pharmacy looked horrified when I handed the scripts in - they called my GP to double check that he had prescribed the correct amount. They were far more amenable after he explained the situation to them but I still have to go back tomorrow - they don't keep that number of them in stock.

It really annoys me how my prescriptions and the quantity of things I'm taking makes me look like I'm dealing them on the side or something. It can't look good for my GP either. But put it this way, I usually have 20 or so of each a month but that quantity usually lasts me six months and I tell my GP if I have enough that he doesn't need to write another prescription or so lol, but I'm literally in agony today, I've been up 12 hours and got through six percocet in addition to my regular medication. He prescribed a muscle relaxant too in the hope that it was just a bad spasm, but noooooooooooo. Why can't it just be something simple that a muscle relaxant would fix or control so that I don't have to take copious amounts of opiates just to get out of bed in the morning.

I hate having to take this amount of pain medication because I feel like an addict due to the sheer quantity - even though I'm not. It's a good job I always listen to my GP, and never take more than prescribed, otherwise my liver would be fried.

I think this post probably gives a negative impression of me - but I'm past the point of caring today. I'm in absolute agony and I've had enough, although the percocet has helped quite a lot, I'm still in quite a lot of pain. Why couldn't this **** have happened to someone else. I know that's a horrible thing to say because I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but surely there's only so much bad luck a person can have. My body sucks.

Chrisofsmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Hugs, hope you get some relief soon hun!!
jamie
jamie
Division Volunteer
Division Volunteer

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrisofsmeg Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:23 pm

jamie wrote:Hugs, hope you get some relief soon hun!!

Thanks love - I have some relief, just not quite as much as I had hoped lol. I'm praying that I'll wake up tomorrow and it'll just be better lol. Metaphorically, that is, as I don't actually pray. Maybe I should rethink that particular policy lol. Hopefully some sleep with settle it down and I can give all these bloody tablets back to the pharmacy lol. That'd look great wouldn't it - "Sorry - false alarm!".

Thanks for the support.

Chrisofsmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Kunoichi Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Aww hun I'm so sorry Sad Firstly, I can relate to how people look at you and the judgement you get. I've gotten from doctors themselves (new ones because of my odd medical issues), from friends, and from family. Even now that I'm trying to stay off my narcotic, I get family who looks at me like I am and have been just faking it all..so friggin frustrating!!!

I wish it was easier hun and I really hope you haven't herniated another disc. Unfortunately because of our age and because not everything we have can be "explained" away, it leaves us open to stigmas and prejudices. I know it sucks...and I think its good for you to vent it out.

I wish I had some sage wisdom that would somehow make you feel better but I don't have any even for myself. Just know that I'm here for you in any way I can be. Rest when you can..I'm finding for myself I may not be able to stay off my pain med like I want..but then I'm screwed if I do or don't..long story and while relevant, I'm not going to hijack your thread. Smile

*HUGS* Hopefully I can chat with you tomorrow. Hang in there hun.
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Admin
Admin

https://hopeinsuffering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down