Hope In Suffering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chronic Pain

2 posters

Go down

Chronic Pain  Empty Chronic Pain

Post  Kunoichi Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:16 am

How is chronic pain defined?

According to Dr. Richard Reilly, D.O. in his book Living With Pain “It is a simple question, but with a difficult answer…it is most important to differentiate between the terms acute and chronic pain.” Any pain that lasts over a month is termed acute pain and is pain that is most often managed by any number of pain relieving agents. This course is followed because it is known that acute pain, in time, will go away.

Chronic pain, on the other hand, is pain that continues after a six month period. This is pain that mainstream or alternative medical practitioners are unable to easily calm.

Why do I have this affliction?

This is a question that arrives in our life. Why me? From our own experiences, the sooner we can get over thinking of the why the sooner you can get on with dealing more effectively with our condition. Now, you have the power to move on in your life. Also, the sooner you take ownership for your present condition the sooner you gain back control in your life. Someone once said, the doctors may operate and stitch you up but it is our responsibility for healing ourselves

Source: www.chronicpainanonymous.org
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Admin
Admin

https://hopeinsuffering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chronic Pain  Empty Re: Chronic Pain

Post  bkilbour Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Sounds like there are different kinds. WHat's specifically do you have pain in?

bkilbour

Back to top Go down

Post  Kunoichi Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:38 pm

bkilbour wrote:Sounds like there are different kinds. WHat's specifically do you have pain in?

I would actually put this in a separate thread, but I personally suffer from MS, 8 herniated discs, spinal stenosis, facet hypertrophy and spondylosis. All which cause excruciating and wide spread pain. What was stated in the above post were for those to have a definition of what chronic pain meant so to speak.
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Admin
Admin

https://hopeinsuffering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down