Hope In Suffering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you reading?

5 posters

Go down

What are you reading?  Empty What are you reading?

Post  Kunoichi Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Currently I'm reading a bunch of books, mostly working on my CBT workbook. Though for leisure I have about 100 Star Wars books I'm undertaking LOL

What about everyone else?
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Admin
Admin

https://hopeinsuffering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?  Empty Re: What are you reading?

Post  KatieNichole18 Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:03 pm

i am working on the PTSD Workbook with my t. been working in it for about 9 months now. and it is helping some with my pstd.
KatieNichole18
KatieNichole18

Back to top Go down

Post  Kunoichi Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:33 am

Awesome to hear Smile
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrisofsmeg Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm reading "Getting into medical school" and it's the one thing that was guaranteed to set me off worrying but I need it because I need all the help that I can get. Joys. I'm also reading the book by Kate McCann called Madeleine. For those of you who don't know this story, don't research it, it's horrible stuff. For those of you that were exposed to this story via the media, don't read the book, it's tragically, tragically dull and incredibly self serving. Also not worth £20.

Chrisofsmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Kunoichi Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Chrisofsmeg wrote:I'm reading "Getting into medical school" and it's the one thing that was guaranteed to set me off worrying but I need it because I need all the help that I can get. Joys. I'm also reading the book by Kate McCann called Madeleine. For those of you who don't know this story, don't research it, it's horrible stuff. For those of you that were exposed to this story via the media, don't read the book, it's tragically, tragically dull and incredibly self serving. Also not worth £20.

Sounds wonderful on both counts j/k Razz

Currently I'm reading "Unconditional? Jesus call for radical forgiveness" by Brian Zahnd and a plethora of Star War books Smile
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrisofsmeg Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Before I say what I'm going to say, I'd just like to point out that I have no problem with it whatsoever!

Kelly, when the hell did you get religious? Or have I just not been paying attention for the last two years? I mean that with no disdain, disrespect or dis...anything, purely curiosity and wondering whether I'm an idiot or not.

Star Wars rocks. There aren't enough emoticons here to adequately express my love for Star Wars. I read the book of Revenge of the Sith a while back - to be honest I was rather disappointed. Maybe they should stick to writing movies. That being said, if you take a cup and fill it with seawater and there aren't any fish in it, it doesn't mean there are no fish in the ocean, so it could well be that that particular book was a load of old twaddle and the rest are good. Please let me know - I'm running out of things to read.

Chrisofsmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Kunoichi Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Chrisofsmeg wrote:Before I say what I'm going to say, I'd just like to point out that I have no problem with it whatsoever!

Kelly, when the hell did you get religious? Or have I just not been paying attention for the last two years? I mean that with no disdain, disrespect or dis...anything, purely curiosity and wondering whether I'm an idiot or not.

Star Wars rocks. There aren't enough emoticons here to adequately express my love for Star Wars. I read the book of Revenge of the Sith a while back - to be honest I was rather disappointed. Maybe they should stick to writing movies. That being said, if you take a cup and fill it with seawater and there aren't any fish in it, it doesn't mean there are no fish in the ocean, so it could well be that that particular book was a load of old twaddle and the rest are good. Please let me know - I'm running out of things to read.

Always been a follower of Christ, Chris lol I just respect that you don't share my views and you don't ask, so I don't really talk to you about it. If you asked, I'd share my view Smile And we have known each other for ... 4 years I think now Razz

Oh and as for the Star Wars books, I wasn't a fan of revenge of the Sith series but there are a LOT of series I enjoyed. Try out the Darth Bane Trilogy. Gave me an interesting understanding of the darkside lol
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrisofsmeg Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:16 am

I must investigate those books then. It hasn't been four years - really??? My bad lol.

I don't disagree with your views, I remain open to the concept of a higher power, just not a god per se.

I've always had this amusing thought that when people from different religions pass away and go to heaven, it turns out that there is a god but he/she/it is something completely unexpected like a Killer Whale or a penguin (possibly the one from happy feet - as I continually have strange dreams to that end).

That isn't me mocking religion, more that I like to think outside the box lol. At any rate, we all know I'm a follower of the dark side Wink

Chrisofsmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  dinky Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:14 pm

I am currently reading "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz, books are my way of escaping reality and also makes me sleepy so I can sleep pretty good at night lol!
dinky
dinky

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:19 pm

I NEED to be reading "How To Keep A Pool Clean For Dummies". Rolling Eyes
jamie
jamie
Division Volunteer
Division Volunteer

Back to top Go down

Post  dinky Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Add "Teach your husband how to NOT add a whole bottle of algecide to a pool" lmao
dinky
dinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrisofsmeg Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:11 pm

That sounds bad lol...

I've just got a book filled with practice questions for the med school entry test that I have to take. No science in it whatsoever - it's to test your intelligence, ability to cope under pressure, decision making etc.

It's mostly great but it's making my head hurt. There's an entire section in the test devoted to spotting patterns in a series of shapes - that's what's making my head hurt lol.

Chrisofsmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  jamie Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:50 pm

LMFAO Shannon!!! That's a good one!

Ugh Chris, I think I'd rather swim in the chemical infested pool in my backyard.
jamie
jamie
Division Volunteer
Division Volunteer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum