Hope In Suffering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going through heavy withdrawal

2 posters

Go down

Going through heavy withdrawal Empty Going through heavy withdrawal

Post  Kunoichi Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:19 am

As people know I'm going through withdrawing off of opana ER (extended release narcotic for moderate to severe pain), Clonopin, lamictal (anti-seizure/mood stabilizer 0and bacolofen (muscle relaxer).

I have to say this is the hardest thing I've experienced with medication. In the past I have been forced to stop cold turkey on all meds (including short acting narcotic) without any ill effects but this pain med withddrawal is really difficult.

If anyone has words of support (even just telling me that by their experience (especially in the narcotic area) what they experienced and what helped them) would be greatly appreciated!
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Admin
Admin

https://hopeinsuffering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Going through heavy withdrawal Empty Re: Going through heavy withdrawal

Post  Chrisofsmeg Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:27 am

I do believe I've pointed this out before, and this reply is a bit late now, I know, but still, DO IT SLOWLY. Cold turkey can really make you quite ill - believe me, I've been there lol. Not to mention that the increase in pain is somewhat more managable when the reduction of the medication is done slowly, in small steps. This also holds true for benzos, particularly the short acting ones.

Chrisofsmeg

Chrisofsmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Kunoichi Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:45 am

Chrisofsmeg wrote:I do believe I've pointed this out before, and this reply is a bit late now, I know, but still, DO IT SLOWLY. Cold turkey can really make you quite ill - believe me, I've been there lol. Not to mention that the increase in pain is somewhat more managable when the reduction of the medication is done slowly, in small steps. This also holds true for benzos, particularly the short acting ones.

Chrisofsmeg

Yeah that's what I'v been doing. Started at 16 hours and now up to a few days. right now the hardest part is the RLS all over symptoms and of course the increased pain. I don't think I could cold turkey that med without it hurting me.

On a separate note, since I can't get my seizure meds either, I had a small seizure the other night. Scared the crud out of me!
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Admin
Admin

https://hopeinsuffering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum